At Ross Racing Pistons, we carry a complete line of In-Stock & Custom, Forged Aluminum Pistons for Harley Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki & Yamaha Motorcycles.
All of our pistons are forged from 2618 billet bar stock and have been heat treated and aged to a T61 condition (2618-T61). 2618-T61 is the material that is used when fatigue resistance and durability are of prime importance by all premium racing piston manufacturers. This material has less than 1% silicon particulate content. High silicon content pistons (forged from 4032) will not stand up to the most extreme stress placed on many racing pistons. Another advantage of 2618-T61 over the high silicon pistons is the ability to keep its shape under extreme pressure and high RPM’s. “Skirt Shrinking” is not a problem with Ross Racing Pistons. We combine light weight, high strength, precision machining and premium materials, to build a piston you can depend on for high horsepower, torque and reliability!
In-Stock Motorcycle Pistons
Most kits include pistons, Ross ductile moly top ring, cast iron second, and stainless steel expander oil ring, piston pin, wire lox and instructions. We also have Hasting Rings in most of our HD kits.
All In-Stock Sets include:
- Forced pin oilers with oil transfer grooves
- Wire lox with lox removal indents
- Balanced to+ or – 2.5 grams
- Replacements available one at a time as needed with no premium charge (except Harley Davidson)
- Valve pockets designed to work with most big valves and high lift cams on Hot Street designs
- Improved skirt design allows Ross motorcycle pistons to work properly under intense heat and tremendous side loads without scuffing
- Most pistons are designed to operate with tight skirt clearance for quiet operation and good oil control
- Forged on mechanical presses from 2618 T-61 aluminum for maximum strength
Custom Made Motorcycle Pistons
No one piston design is correct for all applications. For this reason many ROSS FORGED pistons are custom made to suit the customer’s requirements. Different types of use require different piston designs. Not only does the type of use, head style, induction system, fuel, and camshaft specifications affect the design features of a high performance piston, but different engine types have their own needs. Ross has a large selection of forgings and design programs to design and manufacture the proper pistons for your application. ROSS can work from old sample pistons and sketches. ROSS can also supply rings, pins and pin locks for most pistons at the time of manufacture. We have very large selection of both dedicated and general use forgings. All ROSS pistons are forged from billet bar stock 2618-T61 Aluminum.
All Ross Custom Motorcycle Pistons Include The Following Feature At No Additional Cost:
- CNC machined on the highest quality, most modern equipment: Okuma, Mori Seiki, Taki-sawa
- Annular pin oiler grooves, which intersect the forced pin oilers
- Lock removal indents
- Forced pin oilers (two for each pin hole when the oil ring is .200 or closer to the pin hole)
- Second land pressure reservoir (accumulator groove)
- Machined side reliefs on full round forgings
- Radius valve reliefs
- Pin holes fitted at no extra cost
- CNC diamond turned skirts (on Takisawa)
- 2618T-61 forged aluminum