No one piston design is correct for all applications. For this reason many ROSS FORGED pistons are custom made to suit the customer’s requirements. Different types of use require different piston designs. Not only does the type of use, head style, induction system, fuel, and camshaft specifications affect the design features of a high performance piston, but different engine types have their own needs. Ross has a large selection of forgings and design programs to design and manufacture the proper pistons for your application.
ROSS can work from old sample pistons and sketches. ROSS can also supply rings, pins and pin locks for most pistons at the time of manufacture. We have very large selection of both dedicated and general use forgings. All ROSS pistons are forged from billet bar stock 2618-T61 Aluminum.
All Ross Custom Motorcycle Pistons Include The Following Feature At No Additional Cost:
- CNC machined on the highest quality, most modern equipment: Okuma, Mori Seiki, Taki-sawa
- Annular pin oiler grooves, which intersect the forced pin oilers
- Lock removal indents
- Forced pin oilers (two for each pin hole when the oil ring is .200 or closer to the pin hole)
- Second land pressure reservoir (accumulator groove)
- Machined side reliefs on full round forgings
- Radius valve reliefs
- Pin holes fitted at no extra cost
- CNC diamond turned skirts (on Takisawa)
- 2618T-61 forged aluminum